Oakwood Farm-3433 Kaiser Hill Rd.
New Haven, MO 63068
Contract may be printed out and sent to
above address with booking fee.
This contract is for the breeding season of 2014 and is made between Oakwood Farm, hereinafter known as
Stallion Owner and the owner of the mare,
City State Zip
The Mare Owner Agrees:
1) To breed the mare by the name of
_______________________________________, who is a ______(yr of
___________________________, Registry number
____________________________, to the stallion
2) The service fee is $_____________, $__200__ of which is
payable with this contract and is considered as the booking fee
and the balance of the fee, $____________ will be paid prior to
the mare leaving the farm, or in the case of transported semen,
the total fee is to be paid prior to the semen leaving the farm. (Note): In the case of transported semen there is an additional
charge of $250 collection/lab fees. FedEx, shipping charges to be
paid by mare owner. ($250 fee includes FedEx shipping charges and container).
3) The mare will be accompanied by a health certificate signed by
a licensed veterinarian certifying that:
a. the mare is in sound breeding condition and has a clean
b. the mare has been vaccinated for influenza, EEE and WEE,
Tetanus, and Rhinopneumonitis.
c. the mare has been de-wormed within the past 30 days and carries
a current negative coggins dated within 6 months.
4) It is understood that Oakwood Farm, its agents or employees ,
will not be held responsible in case of accident , sickness,
theft or death of the mare and/or her foal and will provide
suitable feed, facilities, and will exercise their best judgment
in the care and supervision of the mare and/or the foal.
5) Mare care is $_12_ per day, with a foal by side $_14_
6) All Board, Farrier, Veterinarian, and any other outstanding
fees will be paid prior to the mare leaving the farm.
7) Should the above named Stallion die or become unfit for
breeding then this contract is considered null and void. Service
fee is non-transferable. The booking fee is non-refundable. Any
additional service fee is refundable only in case of death of
Stallion if no semen has been inseminated or shipped.
8) This contract provides a live foal guarantee, meaning a foal that can stand and nurse. Should the
mare lose the foal during gestation or the foal dies at birth,
veterinarian certification of the same will be provided to the
stallion owner within 10 days. The stallion owner will then make
provisions to rebreed the mare during the consecutive breeding
season only, after that time this contract is considered null and
9) It is the strong recommendation of Oakwood Farm that the mare
owner use veterinary palpation and ultra sound examination to
determine that ovulation and insemination are synchronized.
Oakwood Farm requires at least 24 hour notice before collecting
and shipping semen.
10) An additional charge of $________ shall be applied to all
shipped semen for each container preparation and delivery to the
shipper. Shipping charges and a container deposit shall be C.O.D.
11) Semen will not be shipped without a health certificate as
stated in #3 above and a clear copy of a current coggins showing
all identifying marks, date of birth, breed, registration number,
tattoo/brand number etc.
12) Shipped semen must be inseminated by a licensed veterinarian
who must fill out a verification form before future shipments or
foal registration papers can be completed.
*Special Note: Foals conceived by
Thoroughbred mares bred via transported semen are NOT eligible
for registration with The Jockey Club. The Jockey Club requires
live cover breedings only.
13) Information is acceptable by fax (573) 237-2657 and money can
be wire transferred directly to our account when time is of the
14) As in every contract, both parties enter into this agreement
in good faith.
Mare Owner Signature Date
Stallion Owner Signature